AUGUST FAVOURITES

20:26


It has been a while since the last time I wrote a blog post. I have been working during the summer holidays and after that I went on a family holiday to Spain. Whilst being there, I've been loving a few bits and pieces. If you want to know what I used and loved this past month, than keep on reading!

When you are in the sun and sea a lot, your hair will get more dry and fragile so you need to take extra good care of it. Using a moisturising shampoo and conditioner helps to put back the shine and softness in your hair. The Garnier Ultra Doux 'Mythical Olives' shampoo and conditioner are designed for dry and fragile hair. It says it nourishes intensely, eases and repairs damaged hair. Also the smell is amazing! When I've washed my hair with this I feel like I'm sunbathing in the middle of an olive grove.


Exposing your face to the sun can be really damaging when your not using sunscreen. A step you have to consider is moisturising your face so that you skin doesn't dry out. The moisturiser I use every day is the Yves Rocher Hydra Végétal 'Hydratation Intense 24h' for normal skin. A tiny bit of this product goes a long way and it blends really well. I would normally blend this in with my BB cream because my BB cream is a little bit to dark for me but the moisturiser on its own is very softening and does its job pretty well. The smell is a little bit citrusy which I like as well. Along with this I use the toner of the same range, which again smells like citrus. I've been using these two products in my daily routine for over two months now and I've really noticed a difference with my skin.


When you want to keep your nice tan a little bit longer, moisturising is the key. The next two items that I just love are again for moisturising your body. The first item is a body moisturiser from Rituals. The Magic Touch 'Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk', ultra rich, whipped body cream has got to be in this favourites. It is my go to body cream since I got a gift box of this for my birthday last year and I've bought this over and over again. The smell relaxes me and reminds me of a spa or a pampering session. Another thing I use on a daily base is the Bath and Body 'Shinjuku Bloom Hand Cream' from And Other Stories. I got this hand cream for my birthday this year and I already know that I will be using this for years and years! It makes your hands instant soft and the smell... If you haven't got this at home, I recommend you go to the shop and just smell this, you will not regret it. They describe the smell as "Scattered cherry blossom petals after the rain." and it is exact that smell that blows my mind. A few hours after you've used it, you will still smell the cherries, it is that amazing.



Make-up wise, I've been using the same mascara and lipstick for the past month. The mascara is the One by One Volume Express by Maybelline in Satin Black. I always use a few coats of mascara because I like how it opens my eyes. This mascara does that exact thing. It spreads the lashes so that every lash will get its fullest and longest it can be. The lipstick or actually colour balm I use every single day is the Lasting Finish Colour Rush by Rimmel in the colour 700 Not an Illusion. It says it is a long lasting intense colour balm and I think that is spot on. This colour brings out my green eyes even more and goes well with the tan I've got. It also stays pretty good on the lips. After I've had a drink or something to eat, it is still on there. It also doesn't dry out the lips, which I like because my lips can get quite dry sometimes.



The last two items are two nail polishes by Maybelline. They are the Color Show 60 Seconds nail polishes in the colours 341 Orange Attack and 649 Clear Shine. The orange nail polish is a vibrant orange with a red undertone. One coat is fine but two coats of this is perfect. It again really makes me look more tanned! The Clear Shine is as the title says a clear nail polish. I use this as a base coat as well as a top coat and this makes it that the nail polish will stay one for more than a week! I painted my nails with them before I left and two weeks later I didn't had one chipped nail. I tend to peel the nail polish off so that happened in a few places but otherwise these two nail polishes are such a great combo! 


Going over these products makes me think about my holiday and the nice and hot weather. It's rainy here in Belgium these days and it makes me miss the sun. But it only means that Autumn and Winter are coming, which is the time of thick, fury coats, long baths and candles (can't wait!).

- xoxo -
Chiara
















You Might Also Like

0 reacties