DECORATING OUR CHRISTMAS TREE

18:00


The Christmas tree would be up and decorated by the end of November if it was up to me. But since we have Saint Nicholas or 'Sinterklaas' on the sixth of December (who brings you presents as well) it would be too early. My sisters already decorated our Christmas tree at home when I was in Dusseldorf with my boyfriend, but as soon as we were back home, I desperately wanted to go and get one for his house too. His mom asked if I could help decorating as she always says: 'You are the interior decorator and you should be good at it', which I kind of take as a compliment. :)

Usually they buy a rather small tree, as they do not have space for a big one. Their tree stood on the dresser last year. This year we decided to go for a slightly bigger one and put it on the little table where we normally eat our breakfast. She also really wanted to go with a red theme, which I thought was a good idea since Christmas traditionally is red with white (reminds me of candy canes!). As she didn't had any red baubles, we went to the garden centre to pick some up. I loved this place so much because I am into all things interior related and this place was packed with every kind of decoration you could wish for. We also picked up little, cute penguins and some other decorations such as pinecones. 

I already mentioned that I am in a Christmas spirit in my earlier post. I only have to do some more shopping for all the presents for my family and my boyfriend's family, and then I'm totally ready for Christmas. Prepare for some more Christmas related posts in the next few weeks! 

- xoxo -
Chiara

      



      


You Might Also Like

0 reacties