ANNIVERSARY IN DÜSSELDORF

21:00


As my boyfriend and I have been together for five years now, we decided to go on a little trip as we always do when we celebrate our anniversary. This year the plan was to make it that little more special as the number five is evenly special. 

When it starts to get dark outside around five or four o'clock, the feeling of Christmas creeping up is so exciting and heart warming. Every year, I get more excited for Christmas and the holidays and as soon as it is December, everything has to be decorated and everyone has to wear his Christmas jumper. 

Dusseldorf is known for its Christmas markets during these days or as they call it 'Weihnachts markten'. This was the first destination that came up in my head and it ended to be our destination.

When we first arrived in Dusseldorf, I noticed all the Christmas lights and cute little stands with the gingerbread hearts. I knew I was going to love this little town. We dropped of our bags at the hotel we stayed in and went straight on to the shopping streets. 

The first day we stayed here, we shopped and walked a lot, with a visit to the several Christmas markets in the evening. The second and last day we went to see the houses of Frank Gehry and also went to the top of the Rheinturm which has a full panorama view of Dusseldorf and further. To finish off our long day of walking, we bought some Dunkin' Donuts to treat our selves on the way back home.

This little trip was so nice and relaxing to just be with my boyfriend and to enjoy the city. Everywhere you looked, you saw some kind of a booth or Christmas decoration. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I am now in a total Christmas spirit and cannot wait for the actual holiday.

I hope this puts you in the same festive spirit as I am. 

- xoxo -
Chiara






      
   
      



      














You Might Also Like

0 reacties