MEEKI BEAUTY LAB FALL COLLECTION REVIEW

18:00


This summer I bumped into a nailpolish brand I had never heard of before. I noticed some bloggers raving about this new nailpolish they helped design and this immediately sparked my interest to find out some more information about Meeki!


Meeki is a dutch brand from Amsterdam and they came up with a concept where they base their collection upon a beauty poll. This poll can be filled in by anyone who wants to participate and shows different colours of nailpolish. When you sign up to be involved in this decisive poll, you rate the colours based on your own preferences (which colour you like better) and the colours that come up most popular get to be in that certain collection. I've never heard of something like this before where I can help decide which colours are going to be in the collection. I signed up this summer and a few months  later I received an email with a new beauty poll for the Meeki Fall collection. You'll also get 10% discount on all future products by giving your input by signing up yourself!

Besides the fact that this concept is unique, the actual formula of the nailpolish is evenly unique. Meeki developed 'the perfect formula' to satisfy all nail needs. "It’s not just intense gloss, long lasting shades and quick drying effects: it does even more for you...". This just ticks all my boxes and made me even more curious.


Meeki has combined some incredible ingredients to create a totally new formula. For example, this formula contains 'mastic gum oil' which is the resin of a tree. This gum oil stimulates the synthesis of hard keratins which increases the thickness of your nails and also strengthens them. Besides the gum oil, the formula also contains some white tea extract, which we all know, white tea has always been really good for your body and really healthy. It contains certain antioxidants. This helps to smoothen the cuticels of your nails, it prevents damage and skin irritations and alltogether nourishes the natural nail. 

After these two main ingredients, it speaks to me that Meeki is a natural brand and that it isn't bad for your natural nails. It even nourishes and strenghtens my nails all-in-one, which means I don't have to use another strenghtening nailpolish (my nails tend to break quite fast). The next thing I read on there website is that this formula is vegan as well! They mention five chemicals they don't use in their formula (I'm not that smart to know what they do or are), they don't like any ingredients of animal origin in their products and they never ever test on animals! All positive things if you ask me!

Not only the ingredients of the formula are important but also the brush to use with this nailpolish. I have some cheap nailpolishes in my drawer where the brush tends to split and has terrible application or the brush hairs just break and end up in my polish on my nail. Meeki designed a brush with 520 brush hairs and rounded edges, which in my opinion makes the application a lot more easy. They also say that the polish goes on smooth and without any brush strokes. The brush also leaves you with the perfect gloss. 


When I read this on their website, I was totally sold! I browsed through their fall collection where I ended up picking my own box. The collection comes in four boxes. In these boxes, there are two colours of the fall collection. The first colour is already chosen for you, the second colour you can choose yourself. The first box is the 'Classic' box and comes with a red polish called 'Rebel': "The ultimate mid-century classic shade, with intense gloss". The second box is the 'Modern' box with 'Sophie': "gun metal black. Bold and strong". The third box is 'Natural' with the colour 'Sun Kissed': "keep a low profile with this cute glossy pink". And the fourth and last box is the 'Glam' box with 'Aqualectric': "Prepare to attract attention. Space blue metallic". 


To be honest, it was difficult to choose between all of them. Especially the second colour because you could choose any of the other colours of the collection (the collection consists of 12 colours). I ended up choosing the 'Modern' box, because I don't own a black nailpolish. The second colour is 'Ash Rose', a soft shimmered antique pink. As a surprise for helping them out, they also offered me a surprise colour. I just had to choose my box and they would sent me another third surprise polish as a gift. This third colour is called 'Sun Kissed' that comes with the 'Natural' box and is a peachy pink.


I've been testing these polishes out for the past month and when I'm writing this post, I have to agree with what they stated on their website: "It’s not just intense gloss, long lasting shades and quick drying effects: it does even more for you..." The first colour I tried out was the black 'Sophie' polish. It immediately stood out to me that the formula was way different then some other brands. It felt thick and not as runny where it would drip off the brush. By applying the nailpolish, it really glides over the nail, very easily and smooth. You can also see the nailpolish setting and it doens't leave brush strokes at all. The black nailpolish was opaque enough that it didn't really need a second coat, but two coats is recommended with every nailpolish. 


These Meeki polishes also dry faster then normal and when they are totally dry, it dries with a natural shine to them. In the picture where I painted my nails, You can see how glossy they are. I didn't use a top coat or anything like that. The next day I did use a tiny layer of a top coat I have. A big plus for me is how long they last! The black polish lasted around five days until I noticed some chips. With this peacy pink 'Sun Kissed' colour, the nailpolish lasted eight days! Eight days! I've never had a polish to last me that long without chipping. I guess the mastic gum oil from that tree did make the formula a lot more thick and does strengthen it all. When you test these nailpolishes yourself, you will see that the formula really is unique.


If you are excited about this brand and want to learn more about them (besides everything I told you in this post), you can always go and check them out over on their website. Definitely take a look at the collection and their styleboxes. One stylebox (so two nailpolishes) retail at €14,95, which is a good price if you know that Meeki is a vegan nailpolish brand and after reading this review of mine! BUT...

Meeki has offered me a special discount code! Instead of paying the full price for one stylebox, you can buy one stylebox for only €9,95 AND also receive a surprise nailpolish like me! So that is tree polishes for only ten euros! Use the CODE: FRIENDFORWARD-Y3 to order your very own stylebox! I love it when brands help a friend out! I hope you enjoyed this review! Now go and order yours! ;)


- xoxo -
Chiara

You Might Also Like

0 reacties