HOW TO STYLE - LONG COAT - ZALANDO STYLE ICONS

18:00


It has been a while since I wrote an outfit post and I miss sharing my outfits with you. When I read about other bloggers and their Autumn outfit, it inspired me to style an outfit myself that is suitable for this Belgian weather. And because I haven't written such a post in a long time, I'm here to bring you three of my favourite combinations to wear, all styled with my long Zara coat! This post is also made to serve for the Creative Content Award at the Zalando Style Icons!

THE CLASSIC ONE
The first outfit I styled is based upon the classic colours black and white. When I'm not sure what to wear or when I haven't got enough time in the morning, I always go for black. It is an easy colour to combine and a safe option when in doubt. My long coat has a neutral grey colour which is also very easy to style. A classic black shirt on top of some patterned black and white leggings from River Island make the base of my outfit. Some classic black ankle boots and a black leather bag - which is also from River Island - finish off the entire style. This black beanie is a recent addition to my closet. I bought it last week from the lovely An-Katrien from Teacups & Dresses. A classic look is easy and simple, but with this beanie it makes the total package more daring and out there.











THE CHIC ONE
This next outfit is again one of my favourites. A few weeks ago, I picked up this sweater dress at New Look and at first I didn't really style it, I just put it on with my coat and some black Converse or white sneakers. Again, really easy and quick. But with these colder days, layering is key when you style an outfit, especially when you're wearing a dress with bare legs! As you might know from some previous posts I wrote, I love everything jeans. I pulled out my jeans shirt which I haven't been wearing a lot lately and combined it with this dress. Because off the low cut-out of the dress and my shirt that is buttoned all the way up, the jeans part is more apparent and makes the outfit more business and chic like. My leather bag from Guess adds a bit more texture along with the leopard print and the blue strap. A favourite and new pair of shoes from Stradivarius adds a touch of elegance and style to the entire outfit due to the metallic trend, which I wrote about in this post.












THE CASUAL ONE
The third and final outfit for this post is the casual and most worn outfit. Again styled with my long coat but another staple - besides jeans - is a big chunky knitted sweater. Most of the time I'll be wearing a sweater of some sort because it is easy to throw on (I know, everything has to be quick and easy for me) and so comfy to wear. I could've easily called this 'the comfy one', only I would restyle it with some loose trousers. This sweater is bright pink (the colour isn't that vibrant in the pictures) and handmade by my boyfriend's mom. It is a big oversized one which I love a lot. Paired with my most worn jeans and some suede ankle boots (again River Island) and I'm good to go. I also found my Autumn scarf in my wardrobe again, at least I think this scarf screams Autumn! To complement my scarf, I wore a brown leather backpack from a boutique in Italy. I topped every outfit off with a dark lipstick from Rituals, since this time of the year is the perfect time to whip out your darker colours. 










I really hope you enjoyed this enormous outfit blog post! I loved writing this a lot because everything related to fashion inspires me and I hope in a way I can inspire you too! Sometimes you have to take a step further to make new combinations with the basics from your wardrobe. Let me know which one of the three outfits you liked best and I definitely will be writing a lot more outfit posts in the future!

- xoxo -
Chiara


You Might Also Like

0 reacties