THE BODY SHOP FACE MASKS

18:00


This time of the year I dive into my makeup storage in search for my much needed face masks. The weather is getting colder and my skin tends to dry out a bit more. In this case I was looking for a mask that would nourish my skin but also clears my pores without being to drying like a scrub. I suddenly remembered that The Body Shop recently came out with the face masks that are multi-tasking, which were perfect for what I was going for!


The Body Shop brought out five new multi-tasking masks. You normally use a face mask on your entire face, but this doesn't always achieve the right results on some parts of your face. For example, if you have combined skin - some parts of your face are oily and some might be rather dry - you wouldn't really want to put a nourishing and hydrating mask on your entire face because it wouldn't help the parts that are already oily. You would just have to use this mask on the dry parts and use another formula on the oily parts. This is exactly what The Body Shop came up with. These masks can be used on every type of skin, on every person. You choose a face mask based on how you want your skin to feel. Also, if you don't really now what type of skin you have, or not sure what products to use for your skin, you can do a skin test here from The Body Shop. After you've answered six questions, you'll get your diagnose with the products that are the best for your skin!


A few months ago I received these samples from their face masks to try them out instead of buying the whole container at once. I think the samples are a good way to see which one you would choose out of the five. The normal sizing of the container is 75ml for about €20. So if you were to buy them all, it would get expensive very fast. I also got a face chart where they explain how the masks are supposed to be used and what every mask does for your skin.

The first mask with the blue label is the 'Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask'. This mask will revive your skin, draw out impurities and refines your pores. It leaves your skin with this beautiful natural glow. This mask is 100% vegan and it is infused with green tea leaves, tea tree oil (they also have products based around tea tree oil!) and of course some (bamboo) charcoal. I applied this mask to my forehead and nose as it kind of is a scrub with the charcoal pieces in it and because this is an area that has the most impurities on my face. It dries within 10 minutes (it really does smell like tea!) and leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and a bit tight which is a big plus!


The second mask I tried out is the 'Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask' with the yellow label. As the product states on the website from The Body Shop it is "inspired by African healing and soothing rituals" and contains "Community Trade honey, marula and olive oils for a luxurious experience". I must say that the luxurious experience is true. It smells like honey, it feels like honey due to the stickiness and it applies really smooth and soft on the skin. I used this formula on my cheeks as they can dry out more in the colder seasons. This mask doesn't really dry but after the 10 minutes they say to leave it on, I massaged the excess product that was left into my cheeks. I then rinsed my face and my cheeks felt so soft and plump. I imagine using this mask on a pamper evening would certainly relax you to the fullest, only by the smell on it's own!


They didn't have the last mask in stock so they gave me this tiny container with the sample inside. This was the 'British Rose Plumping Mask' with the soft pink label. The rose mask is mend to be for skin that needs to be re-plumped with moisture to bring back the glow in your skin. Again I read the ingredients on their website and with this mask it says that it contains "real rose petals, rose essence, rosehip oil and organic Community Trade aloe vera". Also, every mask out of the five is formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil! When I used this mask, the smell of roses is the first thing I noticed. It feels similar to the honey mask but less sticky. I would normally put a re-plumping mask on my cheeks but I already had the honey one on my cheeks so I used the rose mask on my chin. With the honey mask, I could massage the excess into my skin, but with the rose mask, it almost disappeared into my skin! It left a tiny layer of oil on top of my skin and after I washed my face, my chin felt incredibly soft and smooth. I still have a bit left of the mask because I only had to use a tiny bit for my chin so I will definitely try this soon on my cheeks as well!


The other two masks I didn't have a sample of are the 'Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask' with the hot pink label and the 'Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask' with the white label. I definitely want to try these out as well so I hope they have samples in stock next time I go. If I would buy one of the three masks I tested out, it would be either the honey mask or the rose mask. I still have to try out the rose mask a bit better because I only used a tiny bit on my chin. I do prefer the smell of these two rather then the charcoal mask. I also feel like their are so many charcoal masks or scrubs that I can use instead of this one from The Body Shop, but neither the less, this is still a good mask and it contains all natural ingredients! If you want to try out these masks yourself, I suggest asking for some samples first if your not sure which one to buy. I hope you enjoyed!

- xoxo -
Chiara

You Might Also Like

0 reacties