THE GREAT BLOGGER DINNER 2016 - THE HOLIDAY EDITION

18:00


Something happened last week that I didn't thought would ever happen to me, or at least at this stage in my 'blogger life'. A few weeks ago, I received an email from the pr-company Mr. Goodiebag. To be honest, I've never heard of them before. They sent me an e-mail with an invitation for the Christmas edition of The Great Blogger Dinner, a premier in Belgium after the big successes in Amsterdam and Berlin. At first I thought it was send to the wrong person or maybe this was a joke or spam or something like that. After some investigating with the boyfriend, we realised this was an actual invitation, written to me and 39 other Belgian bloggers. As a week went by, I started to get nervous whether I should go or not. But as this was the first time I was invited to something related to my blog, I realised I just had to go and 'have a mister experience'. 





On the day of this big christmassy blogger dinner, I got myself ready and went to Antwerp, where the Hilton Hotel is situated conveniently in the centre of the city. Antwerp is totally decked out for Christmas at this time of the year with a huge iceskating ring and Christmas markets located right before the hotel and Brasserie Flo, who were hosting our dinner. I wore a dusky pink velvet tshirt with a maxi black skirt and my pink fluffy faux fur coat. I mean, it couldn't feel more like Christmas at that moment. 

I was welcomed by Mr. Goodiebag along with some delicious bubbles by Anna Codorníu when I found a place at a table with some other bloggers. I got to know Anne De Graaf from Anne Travel Foodie, Karen Liesens from Dressing in Labels, Wendy Troch who is one of the girls from Shades of Ghent and Ornella Sacré from The Sacred Closet. It was so nice to meet other people who have a blog and to talk about similar things we all like and love. It wasn't even awkward to take pictures for your Instagram or blog in the middle of the conversation. 













As an introduction for the rest of the evening, we had some exclusive canapes served by Brasserie Flo. If this had to set the tone for the rest of the diner, it promised to be an amazing night full of surprises! I don't know exactly what we had anymore, but these first three courses involved oysters, caviar and scallops. After the canapes, it was time for the real thing. The dinner proceeded at the Belle Epoque Ballroom of the Hilton Hotel, a magical place where an impressive chandelier illuminated the entire room. There were long dining tables, richly decorated by Sezoen, surrounded by pine green and gold burning lanterns. After we were seated, the six-course dinner began, accompanied by matching wines by Anna Codorníu and water by Chaudfontaine, which was served by Lady Chef of the year Julie Baekelandt from C-Jules

 





Every course was prepared by top chefs and several food and lifestyle brands. I took some pictures of the gorgeous meals before I ruined them by eating it all.


A WINTER'S DREAM SOUP - DREAM
A soup of roasted beetroot, crispy fresh apple, a bouquet of herbs and Dream Almond milk.
Served with Anima de Raimat Blanco and Chaudfontaine lightly sparkled water.


PHEASANT A LACROIX - LACROIX
A slow cooked filet of pheasant with a jus de Lacroix, mushroom croquette, vegetable garnish and a halloumi zucchini crepe.
Served with Viña Pomal Blanco & Anima de Raimat Tinto and Chaudfontaine sparkled natural mineral water.


ELVEA'S TOMATES CREVETTES - ELVEA
A modern twist on a classic with a tomato & vodka sorbet by Elvea and fresh grey shrimp from the North Sea.
Served with Vol d'Anima de Raimat Rosé and Chaudfontaine lightly sparkled mineral water.


CHICKPEA SALAD - HAK
Salad of chickpeas with a coulis of garden herbs, a crispy praline of brie with a crunchy topping of nuts.
Served with Viña Pomal Crianza and Chaudfontaine mineral water.


JULES DESTROOPER'S GAME - JULES DESTROOPER
Butter wafers by Jules Destrooper with deer tenderloin, butternut textures, a parsley root crunch with coffee aroma, a sauce of game and basil powder.
Served with Viña Pomal Reserva and Chaudfontaine sparkled mineral water.


CRÊPE SUZETTE REVISITED - HILTON
Pancakes Suzette's flambéed with orange Gin Copperhead, ginger crème brûlée, chocolate and nut crumble and garden of wild berries.
Served with cava Anna Codorníu Dulci and Chaudfontaine mineral water.


I enjoyed this evening a lot, so I wanted to say a special thank you to Mr Goodiebag for the lovely invite and the enormous goodiebag we all received at the end of the evening! Thank you to all the brands that cooperated and to the Hilton Hotel for having us! This was the very first event I ever got invited to and I sure know it will be one to remember! I hope you enjoyed and maybe got some inspiration for your own Christmas dinner if you are hosting one this year. 

- xoxo -
Chiara




 



You Might Also Like

0 reacties