NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM REVIEW

18:00


If I'm honest, I don't need any more makeup than I already have. But when I introduced my friend to NYX a few weeks ago in New York, I couldn't leave the store without buying something. If there is one thing I wanted from NYX, it would be a soft matte lip cream in the colour 'Copenhagen'. I've been looking at this product for a while now and in the store near Union Square, I tested it again and decided to finally buy it. I could finally wear a dark lip in winter! But then my eye fell upon a set of three lip creams, Copenhagen being one of them, and for only 9 dollars instead of 7 dollars for one?! SOLD!



These soft matte lip creams are one of the bestsellers to buy at NYX. They are soft matte, which means they dry after you apply them and get matte, but they aren't as drying on the lips as you would think. When I applied these, I noticed that they don't dry as fast as for example the Kylie Jenner matte liquid lipsticks (review here). You have time to apply the lipstick nicely and if you mess up you can still wipe it away. The lipstick is super soft and creamy, it almost feels like a mouse, which again makes it very easy to apply. It is also not as liquidy as the Kylie Jenner one, it doesn't drip or anything and the brush doesn't take to much product to apply. I guess I'm comparing it a lot with Kylie's one, but that is the only matte lipstick I have, and I must say I like the feeling and application from the NYX lip creams better than the Kylie Jenner liquid lipstick.


The colour I like the most is 'Copenhagen' of course, that's why I bought this set in the first place. Before buying, I tested this colour on my own lips and I couldn't resist. It is the perfect colour for fall or winter and it suits my skin tone very well I think. The colour seems a lot darker in the packaging but I'm happy that it doesn't come out too dark. I'm still getting used to wearing darker lip colours so this one is perfect to start off with. As I said, it stays wet for a while before it completely dries, so you can still manage your application. The brush feels very soft and isn't too big. I also don't have to apply a second layer or anything and it doesn't seem patchy. The amount of product that comes on the brush is fine for me. I have worn this colour in New York for an entire day and my lips didn't feel dry at the end of the day. My lips are always dry and chapped so I'm happy that this didn't happen. After eating and drinking the colour tends to come off, not entirely but I would recommend reapplying the product or at least check if you didn't rub your lipstick off.





The second colour is 'Vancouver' which I've also worn in New York. This one is a bit harder to apply, because of it being so dark. If you make one mistake you'll see immediately. It also can be patchy in some places but with a tiny second layer on top it should be fine. The packaging of this lipstick looks very similar to 'Copenhagen' but when you open the lipstick, you can definitely see the difference. I thought this lipstick would be more of a brown colour but it actually turns out to be a dark purple. In the beginning I didn't know if I liked it but it grew on me and I fell in love with this colour! This lipstick also rubs of a bit more during the day than the previous one. After eating and drinking you might have some patches that have gone because it is such a dark colour and you'll see the contrast with the colour of your own lips. Although it seems quite dark, I'm kind of loving it! 





The third and last colour is called 'Havana'. When I bought this set I wasn't really sure about this colour, the packaging seems too bright and not a colour that would suit me. But for 9 dollars, it didn't bother me too much and maybe my sister would be happy with this colour. I only tried it out today for this blog post and I was kind of shocked of how bright the colour actually is. The lipstick is a bright purple with some blue undertones in it and I don't think this suits my skin tone very well. It makes me look more pale than I already am and I don't like it. Also the application is totally different from the other ones. I put on one layer and it barely covered my own lip colour. It was more wet and thinner than the previous two, but it still felt soft and creamy. I had to apply a second layer of lipstick and still there were some patches. After it dried I could put on another layer but then it would be too thick of a layer which I don't like. So after all, it feels the same as the other colours but it's patchy and not the right colour for me.





My final verdict is very positive. I love how soft and smooth it feels when you apply the lipstick on your lips, it is not to heavy or to thick and it also smells very nice which I find very important. If you're going to be wearing something on your lips all day long, it has to at least smell nice, right? Another plus is that the lipstick will come of very easily with a normal makeup wipe. You don't have to rub hard or anything, in contrary with the Kylie Jenner lipstick which barely comes off when you want to. So I would say, if you were doubting about getting one of these soft matte lip creams, buy it. It is definitely worth the money! I hope you liked this post! Let me know if you want me to review something else, I love testing out different products! 

- xoxo -
Chiara


You Might Also Like

0 reacties