10 FASHION TRENDS FOR SPRING & SUMMER 2017

18:00


For the past few weeks the weather has been really nice. This means that I can't wear my knitted jumpers anymore. So I looked in my closet and I literally don't have anything to wear. And by this I mean actually nothing! I'm selling a lot of my clothes on a closet sale in two weeks and for that I had to clean everything out. A lot of my clothes are pieces I had for over five years that I didn't wear or are too childish for me now. My style in fashion has changed so much that I am in desperate need of some new clothes, especially for upcoming Summer! Before I start my hunt for the perfect clothing items, I always keep an eye on the trends and this season's fashion weeks. I picked out 10 main trends for this Spring and Summer!

1. Comfy Chic
A trend that will never end in my opinion is the oversized or comfy look. This Autumn it was all about the big oversized sweaters or loose trousers with wide legs. This trend has converted to a more chic version for Spring. Isn't it nice to go out when it's hot and to just be comfortable with what you're wearing? Think of feminine suits, loose and long coats, or just some wide legged trousers.




2. Bathropes & Trench
This second trend goes hand in hand with the previous one. We've all owned a nice trench coat to just throw on in the morning when it's still a bit chilly outside. The trench coat is a staple in everyone's wardrobe and can be paired with every outfit. Last season I saw a lot of blouses that looked like you were wearing your pyjama top. For this Spring the trench coat has come back in PJ style. A long, thin and silky looking coat that you almost don't need to wear because it is so thin!






3. Sporty Spice
Another way to wear the comfy look is wearing your tracksuit. Some joggers, a hoodie/sweater and some sneakers and you are good to go. I have to say that this is maybe a bit too hot for this weather but you can still mix and match with these clothing items. For example, Mango had these trousers with wide legs that have a red stripe (or any other colour) on the side of the leg, which looked so casual but still chic. Or you could wear your sweater on a night out combined with some high waisted shorts or a pencil skirt. Paired with sneakers or some Vans and your tomboy look is complete.





4. Wild Wild West
A trend I also love is this western trend, which we've already had a couple of years ago. The bandana is one item that is typical about it. I've seen people wearing the bandana as a headband, but also as a scarf, a bracelt or tied on their handbag as an accessory. The print on the bandana is called 'paisley' and this comes back in verious different clothing items as a pattern of its own. Also tassels on boots, skirts, jackets and handbags are a small detail that has come back from the past. 




5. Waist Trainers
In contrast with the wide and oversized clothing, I've seen some corset looking things on the runways of many fashion designers. It's usually a belt or a tiny corset that you wear to show off your waist, or to make your waist look smaller. You would normally wear a corset or waist trainer underneath your clothes but in fashion it is now worn on top of your clothes and most of the time also in contrasting colours to really show off your tiny waist. I've already seen some tshirts and tops in stores that have corsets sewn on top of the fabric. I like the trend if it's just with a belt or something but I'm not sure about the corset ones...




6. Banker Blouse
Finally a trend I've been loving these last few months. The banker blouse is a standard white blouse with tiny blue stripes on it. The name actually comes from years and years ago in men's fashion where bankers used to only wear this kind of shirt to go to work. I've seen this trend a lot during fashion week and on Instagram and I've noticed that this typical blouse comes in various different types and styles. A striped blouse is always a safe option to go for.




7. Ruffles & Bellsleeves
The banker blouse got an upgrade for this season by adding a lot of extra details such as big and long sleeves or ruffles around the shoulder area. These Victorian looking accents are still really fashionable and will spruce up your basic items into something more interesting. There are already a lot of options available in stores such as H&M and Zara if you would like to add this trend into your wardrobe.




8. Graphic Patterns
When I see someone wearing polkadots it reminds me of the 60's. I own a white dress with big black polkadots myself and when I wear that dress I feel very vintage. This again is a trend that has come back from the past but in a more new and modern version. Along with this, stripes and other kinds of patterns are very fashionable right now. The art of combining several different patterns is something I still need to learn but I still love wearing a very graphic and colourfull top on some black jeans, such as my green and pink top from the Kenzo collection with H&M.






9. Naked Shoulders
Something I've been loving since last year is wearing off the shoulder tops! I own a few and I find it so nice to wear because it shows off your collarbone which makes me feel so much more feminine in a way. The only issue I have is that I don't have the perfect bra to wear underneath because I hate wearing something without straps to hold everything up, you know what I mean? But besides that, I will definitely be buying a lot more of these tops, maybe even in a banker blouse kind of way, which makes it more appropriate for a dinner or a night out.



10. White Shirt Dresses
The last trend is one of my favourites. I love to wear long dresses or skirts on a Summer night out or to go to the beach on vacation. It's so easy to just throw on one piece of clothing and not bother about what top to wear with your shorts. A long white dress not only looks dreamy but also is the perfect way to show off your tan on holiday. You can make it look very bohemian with some strappy sandals and a floppy hat or very casual combined with sneakers. 





Which of these trends would you wear? Some of them are a very basic trend that will be fashionable for the next few years and they are all very easy to style. I hope you liked this post or maybe even got some inspiration out of it!

- xoxo -
Chiara

You Might Also Like

0 reacties