NEW DOVE DEODORANTS

18:00


As I need to catch up on a few blog posts, it also brings back some nice memories of fun events I went to. This Dove event by Listenup PR was my first personal invite for an event. I haven't been to that many events and when I do go, I always went along with someone as their +1. But I guess brands started to pick up on me and my blog and so I went to my very first event on behalf of my own name. I didn't wanted to go alone so I asked a few blogger friends to go along but they all werent' available at the time. I remembered Lynn from L'Amour Innocent who I met at the pressdays so I asked her and she could go. From that moment on, we are such good friends and almost a duo for every upcoming event.


Along with some new scents, Dove also changed up their formula. As 75% of all women shaves two times a week, it's normal that the skin from our armpits gets irritated and fragile. By adding 1/4 of moisturising cream to the formula, it not only hydrates the skin better but it also protects your skin. It has become a type of skincare for your armpits.


The original scent of a Dove product is familiar to everyone. This one will always be a staple in my deodorant collection because by now I do have a lot of options to choose from. So the scent is still the same as before but the formula has changed by adding the moisturising cream. I do really feel the change in protection because normally I would have to reapply my deodorant after a few hours. It also feels very soft and not sticky at all.


The 'Go Fresh' deodorants are my favourites! I have this cucumber and green tea one in the smaller compressed version which is really handy if I have to take it with me. The moisturising cream label is now printed on every deodorant of Dove. It also mentions at the bottom that the deodorant contains 0% alcohol and that it is anti-persistant and anti-transparant. The 0% alcohol makes sure that it doesn't sting your armpits when you just shaved. Along with the cucumber and green tea deodorant, Dove also has three other scents in this 'Go Fresh' category. A pink version with pomegranate and lemon verbena, a yellow version with grapefruit and lemongrass and a blue version with pear and aloe vera.


The last spray deodorant I got is the soft feel deodorant but it also comes in a roll on version. This one has a very soothing scent and applies really soft and dry, it doesn't feel wet at all when you spray it on. I can definitely still smell this deodorant after a couple of hours which means it is doing it's job in protecting and masking any bad smells. Some other versions of Dove deodorants you can find in your local shop are 'Dove Beauty Finish', which is also a pink one, 'Dove Mineral Touch' in light blue, 'Dove Sensitve' in white, 'Dove Cotton Soft' in light blue and 'Dove Invisible Dry' to protect your clothes in white.


This tiny roll on version in the original scent is perfect for after shaving. You can feel it hydrating your skin and it also helps your skin to heal after you shave. It feels very soft and again not as sticky as most roll on deodorants do. 


At the event we got to see all the products and we also learned a lot more about deodorant, shaving and skincare. Some facts got me shook so here are some for you to learn and get you started on hydrating and taking care of your precious skin!

Did you know that:

When you shave your armpits, you shave away 1/3 of your skin.

It is not your sweat that smells. Bacteria under your arms causes the smell of sweat. So you better wash your armpits before you use deodorant. 

Armpithair grows 50% faster than leghair.

An average person loses half a litre of sweat a day. Sports or hot temperatures causes us to lose up to 10 litres of sweat a day.

You can remove deodorant residue on your clothes by rubbing it with tights.

Strong herbs such as curry and garlic contribute to the smell of your sweat.

Humans start sweating from the moment they are one to two weeks old.

I hope you learned something with this blog post today. Definitely check out the new formula from Dove and let me know what you think. What is your favourite of the bunch?

- xoxo - 
Chiara


You Might Also Like

0 reacties