10 FASHION TRENDS FOR AUTUMN & WINTER 2016

18:00


It is finally Autumn, which means we can start wearing our long coats, scarfs and beanies again. I know it is still warm enough to go out without all of these clothing items, but hey, I can dream, right? Summer and Autumn are both my favourite seasons but I have had enough of the sweaty weather it has been in Belgium lately. These past weeks I've been keeping my eye on the fashion weeks that have been happening and I managed to pick up some Autumn trends. I'm sure you've already seen a few of these trends passing by on Instagram for example, but here are 10 trends for this Autumn!

1. THE 80'S & 90'S ARE BACK
This trend has been so popular the past few months. I always had one around my neck when I was six years old. Chokers are back and becoming a staple in every girl's accessories collection. They come in every shape, colour and material you could wish for. I've been following 'Chokers are so fetch' on Instagram for a while now and she is killing it with her shop! I've just made an order myself so stayed tuned for a post about her handmade chokers and a little surprise for you guys! If you are interested in buying her chokers, definitely check it out here!

Some other trends that are booming right now are patches (I've posted an outfit all about patches here), glitter, clashing prints, cropped tops & high waisted trousers and culottes (another outfit of me in culottes here)

Chokers from 'Chokers are so fetch'




2. RENAISSANCE 
Girls, it is time to go even further back in time! The catwalks where filled with all things classy but in a Victorian style. Think of bows, lace, ruffles, bell sleeves, turtlenecks and corsets. You can find these trends in every shop on the highstreet already so it is not that hard to fit this trend into your wardrobe. It is a very girly but classy trend and easy to combine with some basic items you already own.


      


3. SCHOOLGIRL
The schoolgirl trend can easily be applied by anyone. The jeans dungarees is back as a staple and has been around for ages. This Autumn, the dungarees were transformed into pinafores, styled with a classy shirt underneath. A pinafore is with a skirt instead of the trousers that dungarees have. Pinafores come in every colour and material you could wish for. The pinafores on this Autumn's catwalks were designed in a uniform kind of style (squared pattern) almost like you were to go back to school. 

      


4. OVERSIZED
I have been loving this trend for a few years now and I'm so happy it is still a trend. Everything is oversized these days and I own a few pieces that are quite oversized myself. Oversized sweaters are great for Autumn and upcoming Winter to get cosy and stay warm. Paired with some black skinny jeans to look comfortable (I know comfortable doesn't sound that stylish but I prefer the comfortable way of styling my clothes)  or a pencil skirt to make your baggy sweater a bit more classy. The oversized jacket is a new must-have, for example an oversized bomber jacket or jeans jacket. Also dresses and trousers such as the boyfriend trousers are a staple this Autumn!

      


5. SHEARLING JACKETS
Two years ago, I bought my first shearling leather jacket. I recently sold mine because I never wore it due to it being too oversized in a bad way. I'm now on a mission to find one I like and fits me, maybe in combination with the oversized trend as well. A shearling jacket (for those who don't know) is a jacket (whichever one you prefer) lined with sheepskin inside. I prefer the shearling oversized jeans jackets due to my love for jeans. These jackets are a great alternative for your normal winter coat and spice up your entire outfit in a second.

      


6. STATEMENT FURS
Again a statement that has been around for literally years! Fashion statements always tend to come back from the past and I'm not that mad about it to be honest. The fur coat is a must-have in your wardrobe for this Autumn and Winter. I bet you next year it will be a statement again and you will see everyone wearing one! I own two fur coats myself since last year or even the year before. I've posted some outfits last year wearing my brown fur coat here, and my baby pink coat here.

This year, the fur coat comes in every colour you can imagine. The special thing about the coats is that they are designed with different textures and colours mixed into one coat. If you have been following the television programme 'Pink Ambition' (only in Belgium), you may have seen that fellow blogger Yentl from Just Yentl is collaborating with ZEB to make her own 'Fortune Cookie' collection, where she designed a fur coat that ticks all the boxes! The collection is launching in October so stay tuned for that!

      


7. LEATHER EVERYWHERE
Leather is a material we can't imagine not existing. The catwalks were filled with all kinds of dresses, coats, boots and accessories, designed out of leather in black, brown and nude colours. Leather is great for the colder weather as it keeps you warm at all times. It can be difficult styling a long leather dress as it may look harsh and too much. But staples such as leather biker jackets and leather bags are key in every wardrobe and easy to combine with the staples you already own.

      

8. QUOTES & HOODIES
As I already mentioned in the 'oversized' part, I love to wear sweaters or even hoodies. If I have a day off at home, you will always see me wearing big hoodies where I can snuggle up in and get cosy. Ofcourse, the hoodies I wear on the streets are a bit more wearable and less pyjama-like. Whenever I do wear them outside, they will have a big quote or saying on them that either describes how I am or how I feel about something. The quotes are a big thing this season, not only on hoodies but also on trousers, skirts or bags.


      


9. VELVET SOFTNESS
This week I went shopping and I have one word for it; velvet! Every shop I walked into, the first model I saw was wearing a velvet piece of clothing. Velvet is a soft material with a certain sheen to it. Again, this material comes in every colour but for this season especially in nude colours. It doens't only excists in terms of clothing, but it's also used in bags, shoes and also in the fashionable chokers!

      




10. AUTUMN COLOURS
Last but not least are the staple colours to wear, combined with all the trends mentioned above. The most common colour group to wear are the nudes, going from soft pink to white, grey, khaki, ... If you wear these colours you are always save. The second kind of colour isn't really a colour but more of a material and it is the metallic trend. This trend is most seen on the long fashionista skirts that have a metallic sheen to them and are definitely a bold item to wear. The outstanding colour combination I've seen during the fashion weeks is baby pink and yellow. It is a combination I wouldn't necessarily think of wearing myself, but I could give it a try. Most people will think strange things of me when I would style those two colours together, but sometimes you have to stand out in fashion and wear something out of your comfort zone.

      



Which one of these trends would you wear? Or do you already own a few of these staple pieces like me? If you liked this trends post, please share it with your friends or family. Keep these trends in mind when you go shopping and I guarantee you will be satisfied with your new statement pieces!

- xoxo -
Chiara




You Might Also Like

0 reacties